GoogleU.S. Forcing Japan to Burn Plutonium In Nuclear Reactors. Read more ... » has a fleet of jets. A few big Boeings and a few more Gulfstreams, all are based at Moffett Federal Airfield, 3 miles from Google’s base of operations. Since 2007 Google has been able to buy fuel for its fleet at 3/4 the price“Crony capitalism necessarily fails because it thwarts the emergence of knowledge”. Read more ... » others must pay. The company has however been cut off thanks to increased congressional scrutiny.
“I don’t see how in the hell anybody can buy it that cheap,” said Fred Fitts, president of the Corporate Aircraft Association, a nonprofit that negotiates discounted jet-fuel prices for 1,600 corporate flight departments at airports around the U.S.
Mr. Fitts provided figures showing that CAA members paid an average of $4.35 a gallon across the U.S. over that period.
This is crony capitalism folks. Power is leveraged by businessAre peer-to-peer lenders the future of banking?. Read more ... » to buy more power through the political system, or as in this case, to gain sweetheart deals. How many of these cozy relationships exist out there between business and government? How many millions, and billions are given away each year just because a business has the right connections?
Why not just fly the Google execs around in F-22s instead and cut out the nonsense.
- Senator halts Google’s taxpayer-subsidized executive jet fuel deal (go.theregister.com)
- Pentagon Ends Sweetheart Fuel Deal For Google Execs’ Aircraft At Moffett Highlighted By Consumer Watchdog Two Years Ago; Group Calls For Eviction and Legal Probe (prnewswire.com)
- Google Can’t Use Discounted PentagonState of Globe not alone wondering about the many flag officers losing their job. What is going on?. Read more ... » Fuel for Its Jets Anymore [WSJ] (news.softpedia.com)
- Google’s Jet Fleet Loses a NASA Fuel Perk (live.wsj.com)
- Thanks to NASA, Google’s poor founders have to buy private jet fuel like everyone else (digitaltrends.com)
- Google loses secret deal with NASA for cheap jet fuel (vator.tv)
- Pentagon Ends Sweetheart Fuel Deal For Google Execs’ Aircraft At Moffett Highlighted By Consumer Watchdog Two Years Ago; Group Calls For Eviction and Legal Probe (sacbee.com)